Monday, February 21, 2011

Ohm's vs Kirchoff's Law

Ohm's Law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference or voltage across the two points, and inversely proportional to the resistance between them.
Given Ohm's triangle....
V= IR
I = V/R
R= V/I
Kirchoff's Law implies that At any junction in an electrical circuit, the sum of currents flowing into that junction is equal to the sum of currents flowing out of that junction. 
or
The algebraic sum of currents in a network of conductors meeting at a point is zero.
Series Circuit:

Current:
It = I1 = I2 = I 3...=In  
 Potential Difference:
Vt = V1 + V2 + V 3...+Vn
Resistance:
Rt =R1 + R2 + R 3...+Rn


Parallel Circuit:
Current:
It = I1 + I2 + I 3...+In
Potential Difference:
Vt = V1 = V2 = V 3...= Vn
Resistance:
1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/Rt3...+1/Rn

No comments:

Post a Comment